HOW TO RECOGNIZE A FAKE AIMPOINT ® SIGHT
IDENTIFY A GENUINE AIMPOINT SIGHT
This is a guide to recognize a genuine Aimpoint sight and thereby identify a counterfeits/copies.
- Aimpoint sights are only offered with red dot - never green
- The front lens should always appear to be red when viewed from the front. Depending on light conditions the front lens may appear orange or green but never blue or clear.
- The housing on most new Aimpoint sights is normally black anodized. Exception for FDE/tan Micro T-2 and orange Micro H-2 Ceracotein limited edition.
- All Aimpoint sights are manufactured in Sweden so beware of any sights manufactured or originating anywhere else - especially from Asia
- Aimpoint sights do not have solar cells.
- Authentic non-transparent(black) flip-up lens covers have the Aimpoint logo molded into the front.
- All Aimpoint sights have a serial number engraved on the side.
Always purchase Aimpoint products from an authorized Aimpoint dealer or directly from Aimpoint.us
Always verify the serial number on your sight against the serial number on the packaging. If you are offered a sight for sale at a price too good to be true, it is probably a copy/fake. Never purchase Aimpoint sights from online market “warehouse” features or returned product centers. These are almost always counterfeit sights that have been substituted for authentic product when they were returned to the retailer or online market.